Monday, December 20, 2010

Letters to Paul

Dear Paul,

Happy Birthday. I can’t begin to tell you how sad I feel this week. Despite my having moved on with my life there’s something about December and your birthday that still brings tears to my eyes.

That thing with Abbi didn’t work out the way I was hoping, but we still work together and we’re still very good friends. She has actually done a very good job filling in for you as a best friend.

Leslie Nielsen died. Bob Feller died. Blake Edwards died. Captain Beefheart died.

It’s now been over 14 months since the last time I smoked a cigarette. I know you would’ve been impressed.

I haven’t spoken to Marilyn for awhile. I should call her and see how she’s doing.

Somebody hacked into your e-mail accounts and started sending everyone spam e-mails. Fortunately, you never were very good at thinking up original passwords, so I was able to counter-hack your e-mail accounts and change the passwords.

Byron paid me a visit, but I was forced to kick him to the curb for doing very bad things. I remember I used to defend him whenever you were having a tantrum about him, but I’ve seen now for myself what you were talking about. I hope he gets his act together some day. On a positive note, Uncle Sid will be staying with me for a very long time.

I rediscovered my passion for the game of pool and I’ve joined a league. My current record is 12 wins and 63 losses. I know you’d probably get a huge laugh out of that. I’ve also started taking Tai Chi classes to help me with my balance and concentration, which in turn should make my pool game better. It should also help me to continue to stay in shape. I’ve lost 26 lbs. now. If you were still alive we’d be arguing about which one of us was still the fattest.

We finally reached 1,000 hits on our blog, which is pretty funny because the first 800 or so was me and you checking to see if anyone was actually checking the blog out.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to continue with writing Paulie Family adventures, but my job is keeping me busy and I don’t have a computer at home. Marilyn said she might give me her computer; I’ll have to ask her about that when I give her a call. She did give me the picture she painted for you of Dick Dale. I have it in my living room sitting on top of your guitar amp.

I’m sorry I don’t have anything more interesting to say, but let’s face it; the world just isn’t as interesting without you in it. I finally went to the doctor and I’m officially on antidepressants now. I’m hoping next year will be a better one.

Take care.

Tracy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home